Thursday, March 31, 2011

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Internet Explorer 9

Microsoft has released two major updates for Windows 7 computers. Service Pack 1 provides security updates, OS repairs and speed improvements. We recommend installing it at your earliest convenience. It is rather large, so allow at least 1 hour for the process. Run Windows Update from the Start Menu to initiate the install. Call me if you have any questions or if you would like us to come and perform a complete tune-up on your computers for you. Internet Explorer 9 has also been released, but only for those already running Windows Vista or 7. This program will not work with Windows XP. I have installed it on all of my computers about two weeks ago. Microsoft changed the controls in the program so using different parts of the application will take both a little getting used to and some explorative trial and error. I have not had it crash on me or lock up my computer at all, but two different websites I use did not function the way they were supposed to. We recommend waiting another three months before installing IE 9. As always give me a call if I can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment